Growth doesn't just happen, it's inspired.
There's a reason Camp Travis fills up so fast.
Actually, there are 115 of them. And they don't include the water--skiing, the wrangling, the wild theme nights or the ropes-courses (though those are major contenders). No, the biggest thing that brings Travis campers back year after year is the Camp Travis coaches.
Our coaches are carefully vetted over months of off-season interviews, chosen for their skills as listeners and encouragers, and as models of what it looks like to be a strong, young Christian. We're big believers in the power of fun, definitely (look no further than archery tag or our ZeroShock stunt bag). But at Camp Travis fun always has a purpose. When a middle-schooler or high--schooler spends a week at Camp Travis, it's not just another summer camp. It's a seriously transformative experience.
Book your week now, to make sure you don't lose a spot in the best week of summer.
Camp Travis Snapshot
Grades 7-11 (completed the 7th grade through the 11th grade)
5 to 1 camper to staff ratio
Cabins with bunk beds and electricity
Daily Bible studies
Land and lake activities
Theme parties and praise & worship every night
High Ropes Course adventure for all
Lake Level and Safety Notice
As always, our camper safety comes first. Below are answers to our most frequently asked questions about safety on the lake. Please call us if you have any additional questions.
- We monitor water levels daily on Lake Travis and adjust lake activities when necessary.
- All campers are required to wear a US Coast Guard Approved Life Vest when participating in any lake front activity. Camper's put on their vests on Kenny's Deck which is located 50 feet from the lake. Once past this point they are required to keep their vest zipped and buckled.
- All dock staff are Red Cross Certified Lifeguards which includes CPR and First Aid training.
- All boat drivers have a Texas Boater's License as well as going through our own boat driver certification course during staff training.
- If you have any questions, please call our office at 830.620.4263 and talk to a registrar.
Please also note that our cabins are situated 80+ feet above Lake Travis which creates natural safety boundaries in times of heavy rain.
Dates & Pricing
$125 deposit required at registration. This deposit is fully-refundable up until March 1st, at which time full payment is due.
Tenacious Clean Up - Campers clean their cabins and have them graded. Winner of the week has a party.
Brush Teeth / Get Ready
Feet On Bunk or Flat On Back is rest time in cabin.
|5:35pm||Free Time / Showers
Free Time before dinner is usually used to swim, take showers, or shop at the camp store.
|7:15pm||Free Time / Showers
Free Time after dinner is usually used to take showers, shop at the camp store, and prepare for the Theme Night.
Theme Night is are crazy fun time of dress up and cool themed games.
We sing songs, play up front games, have skits, videos and a teaching from the Bible. This is one of the best times of the day at camp.
PJ Time is when campers get ready for bed.
This when campers, their cabin mates and coaches discuss the message, First Fruits time and any other spiritual focused conversation just before lights out.