4:00pm - 5:15pm: Gate is open to check in your camper!
Please expect to be in your car 15 to 20 minutes AFTER passing the front gate. A Director will have the opportunity to talk to each family before being directed to The Circle to unload your camper's luggage. Please note: This will be your time to say good-bye to your camper. Why? Because they will get out and meet their Coach when their luggage is unloaded from the car. But don't fret parents ... you will have a chance to park the car and come to The Courthouse to visit the Camp Store, put money on your camper's store card and drop off mail. You will also be able to visit the Camp Nurse at Doc Holiday's if your camper has medicine to be dropped off.
While you are making your last stops, your camper will be busy meeting their new cabin mates in The Circle. You are welcome to give them one last hug before you head back home.
5:14pm: First camper activity!
Camp Travis address: 2800 CR 414, Spicewood, Texas 78669 (Get Driving Directions)
Parents, grandparents and friends are invited for closing day.
LUGGAGE: You're welcome to load luggage upon arrival or wait until after the Ceremonies.
- 10:15am - Gates will Open
A parking crew will be there to point you in the right direction. You'll be directed to The Courthouse (the covered gym). Nice air-conditioned restrooms are available in the Outpost (office). While waiting in the Courthouse, you may watch the session video, look through Lost & Found, purchase printed cabin pictures, and learn more about our Mission Programs. Feel free to take your luggage to your car now or drive around when we conclude.
- 10:50am - time to hug your camper!
- 10:55am - Main Thing: Experience a taste of our evening program.
- 11:10am - Cabin Time: This is the time when Coaches and campers share a bit about the week's adventure.
- 11:30am - The Courthouse: On your way out you will have the opportunity to Early Bird Register for next summer, visit the Camp Store, and say your final good-byes.
- 12:00pm - If you don't have your luggage, drive by The Courthouse to pick it up.
Friday Night Accommodations
If you want to make arrangements to stay close to Camp Travis Friday night before closing, we would recommend staying in Marble Falls or on the west side of Austin.