Pre-Opening Activities (1:45pm - 2:30pm):
Expect a lot of energy when you arrive Sunday afternoon starting at 1:45pm. You will be welcomed on the perimeter road with a parking crew pointing the way.
Once you drive under the T Bar M gate, our staff will greet you at your car and inform you what cabin your camper(s) are in, how we will handle your camper's luggage and where you should park.
Once parked, you will be instructed to head to the Sports Center. Different from prior years, you are welcome to enjoy activities on the fields and even head on back to your camper's cabin and meet their Coach. You will see several special stations along the way. Be sure to stop at stations that apply to you. And don't fret if you don't make it back to the cabin before the formal ceremony begins at 2:30pm ... there will be plenty of time afterwards to your camper get settled in their cabin.
- First-time Campers (get your green beads) located in the Front Yard.
- Headed to Camp Travis? (for parents with teens going to Camp Travis)
- Camp Store (for purchases & adding money to camper's Store Account) located in the Sports Center.
- Camp Nurse (for those that need to drop off meds) located in the Sports Center.
- Mail Drop-off (remember, all mail must fit into a 10x13 envelope ... no boxes please) located in the Sports Center.
- Information (how can we help you?) located in the Sports Center.
- LOCs (Leaders of Camp - campers who have completed 6th grade) located on the Sports Field near The Sanctuary.
- Sports Specialty (if you have any questions) located on Sports Field near the Cabins.
Camp's Official Opening (2:30pm): Campers and their families will be directed to the Sports Field where they will meet their Coach and new cabin mates.
Parents traveling to Camp Travis: Our staff at the Headed to Camp Travis? booth will give you information regarding your travel plans to Camp Travis. Plan on leaving Sports Camp around 3:15ish. Camp Travis is one hour and 30 minutes down the road and the drop-off time is between 4:00 - 5:15pm. Please note, unlike Sports Camp, Camp Travis drop-off is more like an actual drop-off, hug and go event. This is more suited for your teen. :-)
Before 8:20am - Arrive at Camp (you don't want to be late for the 8:30am events!): A parking crew will be there to point you in the right direction. Don't worry about the luggage ... we have a team that will help you load it later. Just come on in and get ready to be reunited with your camper. You will be directed to The Sanctuary at 8:30am. If you need a restroom break, stop by the Sports Center before heading back to The Sanctuary ... the big log structure at the side of the Sports Field.
Parents traveling to Camp Travis: Plan on leaving after Cabin Huddle. You will have plenty of time if you leave camp around 9:20am. You will find the Headed to Camp Travis? booth on your way out. They have goodies for your road trip and will help get your camper's luggage loaded in the car. Your camper will be waiting for you at 10:50am at Camp Travis.
LUGGAGE: Your luggage will be waiting for you on the main path close to where you parked your car. There will be a luggage crew waiting to help you load your car and help you on your way out.