Pre-Opening Activities (1:45pm - 2:30pm):
Expect a lot of energy when you arrive Sunday afternoon starting at 1:45pm. You will be welcomed on the perimeter road with a parking crew pointing the way.
Once you drive under the T Bar M gate, our staff will greet you at your car and inform you what cabin your camper(s) are in, how we will handle your camper's luggage and where you should park.
Once parked, you will be instructed to head to the Front Yard where the first welcome booths will be located and plenty of people to point you in the right direction. You are welcome to enjoy activities on the fields and even head on back to your camper's cabin and meet their Coach. You will see several special stations along the way. Be sure to stop at stations that apply to you. And don't fret if you don't make it back to the cabin before the formal ceremony begins at 2:35pm ... there will be plenty of time afterwards to get your camper settled in their cabin.
- First-time Campers (get your green beads) located in the Front Yard.
- Going to Camp Travis? (for parents with teens going to Camp Travis)
- Camp Store (for purchases & adding money to camper's Store Account) located in the Sports Center.
- Camp Nurse / Medicine Drop (for those that need to drop off meds) located in the Arena inside the Sports Center.
- Mail Drop-off (remember, all mail must fit into a 10x13 envelope ... no boxes please) located in the Arena inside the Sports Center.
- Waldo Booth Learn more about the facial recognition software app you can use all week. Booth is located in the the Arena inside the Sports Center.
- LOCs (Leaders of Camp - campers who have completed 6th grade) located on the Sports Field near The Sanctuary. Stop by this booth if you have not signed your permission form.
- Sports Specialty (if you have any questions) located on the Sports Field near the Cabins.
Camp's Official Opening (2:35pm): Campers and their families will be directed to the Sports Field where they will meet their Coach and new cabin mates.
Parents traveling to Camp Travis: Our staff at the Going to Camp Travis? booth will give you information regarding your travel plans to Camp Travis. Plan on leaving Sports Camp around 3:15ish. Camp Travis is one hour and 30 minutes down the road and the drop-off time at Camp Travis is between 4:00 - 5:15pm. Please note, unlike Sports Camp, Camp Travis drop-off is more like an actual drop-off, hug-and-go event. This is more suited for your teen. :-)
Before 8:20am - Arrive at Camp (you don't want to be late for the 8:35am events). A parking crew will be able to point you in the right direction. Don't worry about the luggage ... we have a team that will help you load it later. Just come on in and get ready to be reunited with your camper. You will be directed to The Arena at 8:35am.
Parents traveling to Camp Travis: Plan on joining the closing day activities until Team Meet where you will break-off to meet your Coach for Cabin Time. This will allow you to enjoy a few minutes reflecting on your camper's Sports Camp experience.You will have plenty of time if you leave camp around 9:20am. You will find the Going to Camp Travis? booth on your way out. They have goodies for your road trip and will help get your camper's luggage loaded in the car. Your Camp Travis camper will be waiting for you at 10:50am.
LUGGAGE: Your luggage will be waiting for you on the main path close to where you parked your car. After Cabin Time, a luggage crew will help you load your car on your way out.